Monday, July 8, 2019

Live in Truth



They’ve got the world in their pocket,

but their pocket’s got a hole.

They own everything, everything,

but you and me,

sings Malvena Reynolds.



And the grass, oh grass-roots hope!

Have you ever had grass breaking open your house?

I did.

It gave me deepened appreciation

for the power

of grassroots groups 
of people.

Even though we get tired and easily bent, we raise up our heads,

for our roots are deep and our will is to grow.

Grass breaks through cement for grass is living.
Cement is dead.



What could be deader than capitalist

patriarchal

dominator structured society?

It is killing all it touches.



We are the grass,

the truth.

Living in truth,

like Vaclav Havel writes in

“The Power of the Powerless.”

When living in a society built on a lie,

the power of the powerless

is to live in truth.

When enough people live in truth,

the lie crumbles on its own accord.

This happened

in the Velvet Revolution

in Prague,

November 1989.

Look it up.



Live in truth,

and like the grass

keep growing towards the light,

in truth.


About this poem

This poem is part of my Solstice solar year poem cycle, where I write a poem a day from June 22, 2019 to June 21, 2020. The poem a day may get posted on a different day than it was written, or several poems might get posted on the same day. And if I choose to submit a poem to a literary journal, I delete it from this blog before doing so. That's my project. I hope it touches your soul and makes you think. And maybe inspires you to write more poems of your own.

No comments: