Monday, July 8, 2019

Hands


Hands sculpt clay bust of girl’s majestic being, fired ceramic that will endure tens of thousands of years.

Hands carve wood pedestal, puzzle bark of the Ponderosa solidly left in place all around its carefully sanded edge.

Hand paints flowers and image of Southwest pottery on a sheet of archival cotton rag watercolor paper.

Hand types these black on white symbols on a plastic, metal and silicone device that will soon become obsolete.

About this poem

This poem is part of my Solstice solar year poem cycle, where I write a poem a day from June 22, 2019 to June 21, 2020. The poem a day may get posted on a different day than it was written, or several poems might get posted on the same day. And if I choose to submit a poem to a literary journal, I delete it from this blog before doing so. That's my project. I hope it touches your soul and makes you think. And maybe inspires you to write more poems of your own.

No comments: