Monday, August 12, 2019

Global Climate Crisis Roulette


Place your bets!

Spin the wheel!

What will it be?

80 degrees on the Oregon Coast? Get out your tanning lotion!

Assorted tornados and floods demolish your home?

Extreme heat and drought drain the aquifers, sinking your city?

Hey! Maybe you’ll grow bananas in Alaska!

Last remaining glacier melts into the rising tsunami seas?

It’s a crap shoot, this Global climate crisis roulette wheel.

Place your bets!

Spin the wheel!

You could get lucky today!



But the house always wins.



Brought to you by Transnational Corporations, Inc.

Patent Pending

About this poem:

This poem is part of my Solstice solar year poem cycle, where I write a poem a day from June 22, 2019 to June 21, 2020. The poem a day may get posted on a different day than it was written, or several poems might get posted on the same day. And if I choose to submit a poem to a literary journal, I delete it from this blog before doing so. That's my project. I hope it touches your soul and makes you think.

And maybe inspires you to write more poems of your own.

No comments: